Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

"Rise Up" by Beyoncé (Written by Sia) is Brilliant!


I'm a tad late on posting this song, since it came out at the start of this month, but I decided that I should, cause it's pretty great!

"Rise Up" is Beyoncé's contribution to the recently released animated movie Epic. It was written by the ever incredible Sia Furler, who in my opinion, has written some of the best pop songs of our time (Bound To You, Kill and Run, Titanium and countless others!) So it's no surprise that this song is highly listenable.

It's a swaying, mid-tempo tune with a mellow and mature sound. Beyoncé keeps it subtle yet strong in her vocal delivery, she sounds confident and proud... earthy even! In fact, to me, she sounds kind of like a Mother Earth, offering advice and urging her people to rise up and fight!

Sia's melody is catchy, yet soulful and dignified. The notes swell, up and down, rising and falling, echoing the lyrics perfectly. The lyrics themselves are beautiful and rousing, sending a message of support and encouragement to be brave.

The production is simple and adds a lovely, rhythmic lilt to the song, carrying the words beautifully. 

Unfortunately, I can't comment on how the song works, in the context of the movie, because I haven't seen it ... but I can reveal that next week, I will be reviewing some more film music, directly after I get to watch that specific movie in the cinema !

So stay tuned for that review, coming up early next week! I'm excited about it, cause I already love the music from this movie.. so it shall be fun discussing it!

That's all from me today ... See u all sooon!


No comments:

Post a Comment