Pages

Thursday 20 June 2013

Song Review: Victoria Justice - Gold!


Hey everyone, it's time to do a proper song review again! 

This time, it's the first single from Nickelodeon star, Victoria Justice's, debut album, called "Gold" !

"Gold" is glittering, funky and fantastically fun!

Ok, this song is basically a straightforward, radio-friendly pop single and works brilliantly as just that. 

It's boundless fun and literally glistens and sparkles with glee on every listen. It will definitley make you smile and brighten your day, and that's something to commend!

It's a very Dr. Luke-esque, "Dominoe"-esque production, while the song itself immediately reminded me of Cher Lloyd, specifically the amazing "Want U Back". I also get hints of "Really Don't Care" by Demi Lovato - which also happens to feature Cher Lloyd! She actually really sounds like Demi, in the "I'm Gold, Gold" bit, after the chorus!

It's the perfect feel-good anthem that Victoria needed as her first single. Did I mention that her voice sounds great too? Cos it does!

The lyrics are appropriately cheeky and flirty and fit snuggly into the song's funky production. "I know you inside out, so I'm asking now, take a chance on me, how much clearer can I be?!" (My fav bit)

To sum up, it's a boppy tune that anyone and everyone can enjoy. It seals the deal with its cheaky charm and playful energy; in other words, its flawless pop music!

What it lacks in depth and innovation, it makes up tenfold in energy and funnnery!

It's gonna have to be a rock-solid...


7.5/10



More info right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment